Far East Movement - Free Wired

This summer I worked at my local Top 40/CHR/POP radio station and my DJ always played Far East Movement's "Like A G6." Thus, I was presently surprised when the song went mainstream and eventually reached #1 on the Hot 100 chart. I was skeptical at first about their album, but I must say that it is a winner.

The Keri Hilson assisted "Don't Look Now" is a standout album track and follows two individuals meeting for a possible one night stand; however, feelings seemingly develop into something more. Keri sings "I know I promised you I'd take it slow...but I can't resist..." while the group proclaims "I'm not looking for no strings, you're not looking for a ring..." Should definitely be a single down the road.

Speaking of singles, "Rocketeer" which features Ryan Tedder has recently been announced as the second single. Somewhat of a chance of pace, the Euro-Pop ballad announces they are are rocketeers and to fly away with their significant other. However, the full on dance track "If I Was You (OMG)" is a return to form for the group. With Snoop Dogg on the hook, the track is a winner and sees the group falling for a gorgeous women who they argue would kiss herself in the morning, dance in the club alone, play with herself under the covers, and stare at herself in the mirror. Most because, they would...if they were her.

My favorite track is "Fighting For Air." The line "I don't need you in heals but I need you head over" is uber-sexy and such an infatuation leads the group, literally fighting for air. Third single, please? Going forward, I must reiterate how much I was pleasantly surprise by this album. Their are number of possible radio smashes on "Fire Wired" and I'm excited to find an Asian group dominating the American airwaves. Lighters up for diversity.

No comments: