Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock

After Soulja Boy released his smash "Pretty Boy Rock" I knew that it was only a matter of time before an official "Pretty Girl Rock" would be released (aside from Ciara's tight remix of the former track). With that Keri Hilson delivered and knocked this track out of the park. The video is a stunning tribute to leading women in music history (The Surpremes, Janey, TLC, etc.) and I hope that Ms. Hilson can finally score a solo hit.

In the song, she tells us that "(Her) My name is Keri, I'm so very, fly, oh my, it's a little bit scary. Boys wanna marry, looking at my derri, yeah you can stare but if you touch I'ma bury, pretty as a picture, sweeter than a swisha, mad cause I'm cuter than the girls that's wit ya, I don't got to talk about it, baby you can see it, but if you want, I'll be happy to repeat it." And repeat it, she does.

All in all "Pretty Girl Rock" is anthem for women (or anyone, really) to have confidence in themselves and "rock" whatever it is that they've got.

No comments: