Nick Lachey - Shades Of Blue

Although a fan of 98 Degrees, I was skeptical about lead singer Nick Lachey releasing a solo album so quickly after his divorce from ex-wife Jessica Simpson and relative failure of his previous solo album. However, he produced a solid album sophomore set full of songs dedicated to the singer, including both of the hit singles

"Shades of Blue" for me was an instant standout on the album where Lachey sings "dreams fade into shades of blue, where I wait for you, pray love reaches through, all these shades, shades of blues, when you close your eyes, feel me by your side, I will wait for you, in all these shades of blue." With lyrics like that it's undeniable that, at the time, Nick loved and missed his former wife. At the end he even sings "Why did you have to leave, why did you have to set me free, why did you have to go?" Brings a tear to my eyes when someone, especially a man, can honestly express that type of intense feeling within a song.

No comments: