Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

Katy Perry's third single off of her debut album has so far been her least successful single. However, I feel that "Thinking of You" is the best song that Katy has ever recorded. Even though the vocal performance isn't necessarily strong, I believe Katy on this one. She isn't trying to be, say or do anything that isn't within her character.

I feel that "Thinking of You" showcases the real, artist Katy as it tells the story of falling in love again after losing a previous lover. She notes that "when I'm with you, I am thinking of you" and it pains her deeply. Not sure if the song was inspired by such an event, but the music video portrays Katy losing a lover to war and that although she has found a new lover, she can't help but remember the lover she lost.

Cases like this are especially touching because Katy and her first love didn't break up. He died. Moving on and loving after being a widow is extremely difficult and comparing one's new lover to another who has passed is only natural in such an instance. Thus, the song just emotes so much truth to me that it ranks an A++ in my book.

No comments: