Carrie Underwood - Wasted

All these post about POP music, brings me to another musical revelation. In 2006, Carrie Underwood scorned a huge crossover hit with "Before He Cheats." Although that song was good and initially got me interested in the 4th American Idol winner, it was her fourth single "Wasted" from her debut album "Some Hearts" that caught my attention.

Hook heavy, "Wasted" illustrates a battered women and an alcoholic man who come to the realization that they don't want to "let all these years go by wasted." Lyrics such as "I don't want to keep on wishing, missing, the still of the morning, the color of the night" truly tug at my heart because this was a point in my life where I found myself at a crossroads.

I had to make the personal choice to leave home and attend a college far away from home. This song, like many others, inspired me not to waste any more time and to follow my dreams because that's the only way to live in this world. To this day, "Wasted" remains my favorite song by the beautiful and talented Carrie Underwood.

No comments: