Monica - My Everything

Going back to my first Howard homecoming, singer Monica performed at our annual concert on The Yard. I remember purchasing her latest album the week before, so I was ecstatic when I learned she would be performing live. I can still remember singing many of her newer album tracks word for word and the crowd around me hyping me on. One track she didn't perform, the album track "My Everything" has gone on to become one of my favorite Monica songs rivaling many of her earlier hits.

The song relays that she has found a lover who is her "everything" and that she has finally found peace within herself to be able to enjoy and sustain a good relationship. I always knew Monica had vocal talent; however, on the end of "My Everything" where she sings "Everything, now I got, Now I got, now I..." is breathtaking.

No comments: