Ashanti - Struggle

Welcome back Ashanti. As previously noted, Ashanti's debut album was one of the first CDs that I ever purchased. Fourth album "The Declaration" produced the declarative "Struggle." Produced by L.T. Hutton who co-penned that majority of the album with Ashanti once again demonstrates the songstresses amazing ability to take a pen and putting feeling onto a piece of paper int he form of meaningful lyrics.

For example, the bridge relays "I don't want to be alone baby, cause you are everything I know baby, see you everything I need, and you're everything I see, and you're everything I feel, and you're everything to me...over and over and over and over and over, over again, again, again, hey, hey, said I don't want to be without you babe, cause I love you baby, said I want to be in your life so I'm a keep trying..." Sometimes, I really just can't when listening to Ashanti's music. She is one of the best lyricists of my time.

No comments: