Nivea - Complicated

Complicated by Nivea, written and produced by her then husband The-Dream is a song that means everything to me. Every time I hear this track, I can't help but cry because it reminds me of the time when my only sister was born (I was 8 years old) and the two most important people in my love (my grandmother and great-grandmother) passed away within a year of each. Since then, I have felt that my purpose on this Earth, has been to do whatever I can for my sister, as my grandparents did for me. Although this particular song, focuses on finding a lover, I interpret the song as finding the person whom I care the most about.

One day you're
Standin' in the middle of the road
And you don't know where you're goin'
All of a sudden your whole life changed
And life finally gives you somethin' back
It's been a mean world without you
(Sis) I love you, I love you.

No comments: