Taylor Swift - Enchanted

When Taylor swift burst on the scene four years ago, I never would have thought that she would become the biggest country superstar of my generation, but she has. The singer wrote her most recent out "Speak Now" completely by herself and after winning this years Grammy for Album of the Year for her previous LP "Fearless" I don't see anything standing in her way from continuing her rein.

(Besides riding that line between country and pop, which has the potential to alienate some of her fans) Taylor has built a strong rapport, leading to the 1 million in one week sales of "Speak Now." My favorite song on the album (standout cut and hopefully, future single) is apparently about Adam Young (also known as Owl City, singer of the hit "Fireflies").

I tells thats Taylor was "Enchanted to meet" Adam. The tune is an absolutely beautifully produced and performed song. The refrain after third verse and final chorus touches my spirit every time I hear "please don't be in love with someone else, please don't have somebody waiting on you..." She even uses Adam's catch phrase and notes that she was also "wonderstruck" when she first met him. I can't stress how much this will smash if released.

No comments: