Fergie - All That I Got

When "The Ducthess" was released, I always wanted "All That I Got" to be the ballad single. However, Fergie's label went with the eventual worldwide #1 smash "Big Girls Don't Cry." Go figure. Anyway, I now am proud that this little ballad remained an album track that I can enjoy and share with all of you.

In the song, Fergie sings. And I mean, Fergie signs. This is definitely one of her best vocal performances and I hope she creates more songs like this on her future albums. She sings "would you love me if I don't work out or if I didn't change my natural hair." Although done before, I feel Fergie because in this world we are often consumed by the superficial. It's refreshing to hear a diva of her stature state that she'd rather strip down and give "all that she's (I) got" and by that she means, the real her, Stacy Ferguson.

The ending note on "Don't let our love end..." Is my favorite part, even though it seems random and out of place. I love it.

No comments: