Ashanti - Carry On

One thing Ashanti can do, and do well, is write a song about a women scorned. Song, "Carry On" from her sophomore set, "Chapter II" proves just that. Within the song, the metaphors and word play that Ms. Douglass uses to relay her pain is astonishing.

I'm tired of fighting, I'm tired of spiting, my life is a storm full of raining and lightning, my insides are bleeding, from all of this screaming, sometimes I just feeling like I'm no longer breathing, I look in your eyes, all I see is a demon, I'm tired of wearing my heart on my sleeves, and I just don't know, why I stay, because day after day, I continue to say...I can't carry on...living life like this."

In the wake of her previous hits "Foolish" and "Rain on Me," Ashanti delivers yet another strong R&B cut that proves why the industry needs her presence despite any other negative assumptions.

No comments: