Marsha Ambrosius - Glass

In high anticipation for Marsha Ambrosisus' "Late Nights & Early Mornings" LP, I found some of her mixtapes and gave them a listen. On her most recent, 2010's "Yours Sincerely," I found a true gem. "Glass" is a stunning R&B song where Marsha relays that her heart has been broken and that her spirit is now synonymous with glass. Vocally, this track is a flawless representation of control and the emotive ability to Ms. Ambrosius.


Here, she has found a new love who "can see through all the tears I've cried," however, like glass, she declares that due to her past (and even the turmoils of her present love affair) she is "breakable, handle me (her) with care and for you I (she) have (has) tried to be there...I'm (she's) like glass." It has instantly become the best song that I have heard so far in 2011.

No comments: