Ciara - You Can Get It

"404, 612, hand me the phone, I'll put it in for you" is the opening line of Ciara's "You Can Get It." Produced and written by Tricky Stewart and The-Dream, respectively, the song is the runaway standout cut from the songstresses fourth album "Basic Instinct."

Basically, Ciara tells the story of being in love with a man who can get "it." However, she proceeds to shut down other, apparently interested men, by singing "not him, not him, not him." The overly sensual tune reminds me of why her previous R&B #1, "Promise," was such a huge hit.

She even offers her lover, her home number "310, 412..." Although, I'm not sure if it'd be a huge hit. I'd wager releasing this as a single because I can imagine women (and subsequently men) going crazy for it in the club. I do wonder, though. Can I get "it?"

No comments: