Chris Brown + Kevin McCall - In My Zone 2 (Selections)

Let me just start by saying that I think that Chris Brown and Kevin McCall make really great music together. On My Zone 2, there are a number of interesting collaborations between the two. Aside from writing and producing the bulk of the mixtape, they vocally carry execptional tracks.

"Another You" is mostly sung by C. Breezy; however, I think I can hear K. Mac on background vocals. He sings "when God made you, he broke the mold and they'll never be another you." Hands down, best song on the 'tape.

"Life Itself" is a soultry ballad where Chris Brown singes the verses, will Mr. MccCall sings the hook which relays "I'm never ever letting go, cause I love you more than life itself." Who knew C. Breezy could make such a non-mainstream ballad where he is really emoting and sanging. Good stuff.

"All Off" takes a different turn where the duo command their significant other to "take it all off." It's a more upbeat rendition of a collabo on their previous 'tape, "No BS."

"Quits" is a highlight because K. Mac is sings lead. His voice is stronger than I originally thought. Reminiscent of Brown's "Say Goodbye" the song finds the young singers in a situation where they have to end the relation because it just isn't working.

"Talk That Shit" is my personal favorite on the mixtape, if only for the bridge, where Chris sings "I hate you, you ain't shit, but I love you." That's so real. In relationships, arguments and disagreements may arise; however, one has to remember that even the negative can turn into a positive. Notably, it's often comical when someone talks sh!t, knowing good and well that they don't really mean it.

Two thumps up.

No comments: